Here’s the first official trailer for Clint Eastwood’s new movie American Sniper, starring Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller.
It’s based on the autobiography of the same name by Chris Kyle who was dubbed the most lethal sniper in American history, his life story is fascinating and grim where he ended up with a bounty for his head and was wounded twice, and was involved in six IED attacks.
American Sniper goes on general release in the UK on January 16th.
Movie website Sequels Prequels is reporting that there’s a Hollywood rumour doing the rounds that Bradley Cooper might be in the running to take Harrison Ford’s iconic hat and whip combo from him, for the next Indiana Jones movie.
With Ford now in his seventies and the franchise in Disney’s ownership it would make sense for the company to wipe the slate clean and start a fresh with a possible new trilogy. Business is business after all. The good news is Frank Darabont has written a script for Indy 5, but Cooper as Dr Jones just doesn’t make sense to us. In fact we can think of five more suitable replacements for the role.
1. Natha Fillion, (Firefly, Castle) – Cocky, extremely witty, only downside is he’s put a few pounds on of late, (haven’t we all), but that’s nothing a few kettlebell sessions wouldn’t fix.
2. Thomas Jane, (The Punisher, The Mist) – Also witty, has a history of doing his own stunts and has worked with Frank Darabont before.
3. Joel Edgerton, (Warrior, The Great Gatsby) – He’s already worked on a Star Wars movie and loves the physical side of acting. Has that rough and ready look firmly nailed down.
4. Chris Pratt, (Parks & Rec, Gaurdians Of The Galaxy), – Full of comedic talent which would come in handy for the one liners and isn’t afraid to throw himself around.
5. Idris Elba, (Luther, Pacific Rim) – Just imagine Elba in that role. Go on, realise just how f**king good he’d be as Indiana Jones.
For the full story on this development chart a course for HERE.
The boys are back and this time instead of waking up with little recollection of the night before in Las Vegas the trio of misfits do it this time in Thailand…oh look there’s a monkey in the film!…(because nothing spells comedy writer desperation than the inclusion of a cute animal who will undoubtedly get up to some sort of mischief).
You really do have to feel sorry for Justin Bartha who plays Doug Billings, obviously the writers didn’t feel he was funny or important enough to include him in the escapades of the first film, (having him handcuffed on a roof while his mates had all the fun), and judging from the trailer for the sequel they’ve found him less important second time around by having his character stay at home. Jesus, why is he even in the film?