Soak it up. Soak it all up.
Above is the official Star Wars: The Force Awakens behind-the-scenes reel, shown yesterday to fans at the San Diego Comic Con.
This glorious and surprisingly moving footage gives us a tiny insight at the practical effects and sets used in the movie and the determination by cast and crew to deliver a film which fans will love. With a few surprises along the way.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is scheduled for release on December 18th.
So Paramount Pictures decided to organise a very special photograph featuring a range of actors, actresses, directors and singers to have worked at the world famous studios to mark their 100th anniversary.
Artist Art Streiber gathered over 116 talented, (or untalented, depending on your opinion), individuals, complete with all their latest plastic surgery, to pose on the bleachers of a small town sports stadium. You can see the entire picture HERE.
In the mean time here’s a couple of things we discovered while examining the photo.
1. Ernest Borgnine is still alive.
2. Justin Bieber ruined the entire picture.
3. Jerry Lewis is still alive.
6. Robert De Niro would rather have been some place else.
7. Michael York has aged entirely naturally.
8. Ali MacGraw is still alive.
9. Simon Pegg would rather have been some place else.
10. Mickey Rooney is immortal.
11. Tom Cruise is only 30 years old.
12. Kirk Douglas is now the Cryptkeeper.
During the shoot for Paul, their latest film together, English comedy duo Simon Pegg and Nick Frost took some time out from work to embark upon their life long dream; to remake Star Wars: A New Hope, shot-for-shot.
Needless to say things didn’t go to plan. In fact one might say the force was weak within them. *(reels back in chair, mimes the firing of a gun at computer screen with hand)* Is it just us or is this two and a half minute video infinitly more entertaining than the entire three Star Wars prequels back to back? Thought so.
Pegg and Frost on Droids.